- happily tailored in Hobart, Tasmania
- hook-style brooch pin
- the brooch measures 33mm x 44mm (1.29″ x 1.73″)
- when folded, the packaging measures 85mm x 60mm x ~7mm (3.35″ x 2.36″ x 0.2″)
- laser cut and engraved from 4.2mm thick Tasmanian Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii ) wood veneer
- the wood has been sealed with waterbased varnish for protection and a natural, matte finish
- the packaging is printed on FSC certified, 250gsm card
- Please ensure that Sputnik is removed from any clothing before washing.
I’ve designed this range of simple retro shapes for those who like my patterns but might not want to wear an animal brooch, since rabbits, sheep, cows and platypus feature quite prominently in my range so far. They’re also a bit of a nod to the mid-century modern movement, of which I am particularly enamoured.
Made from Tasmanian Myrtle veneer, which has a lovely grain and a beautiful warm, reddish-brown hue.
Please note that every sheet of veneer is unique and as such, your purchase may differ from the example pictured in terms of the natural grain of the wood.