The reverse side of the gift box/easel card for my Madam Zag Platypus brooch.
The easel-style card stand folds into a sweet little chevron-patterned gift box
Madam Zag Platypus in her lovely chevron-patterned myrtle coat
Madam Zag Platypus brooch
This cheeky Duck-Billed Platypus is engraved with a zippy chevron pattern. Some say her bill’s too long, but that’s how I wanted to depict her: elongated, elegant and a little mod — but she doesn’t really quack!
The custom-made packaging can be folded into an easel-style card or stand, perfect for keeping this little treasure on display.
Happily tailored in Tasmania from Tasmanian Myrtle veneer, which has a lovely grain and a beautiful warm, reddish-brown hue.
more about Madam Zag…
Happy Facts and Vital Stats
- happily tailored in Hobart, Tasmania
- hook-style brooch pin
- Madam Zag measures 70mm x 26mm (2.76″ x 1.02″)
- when folded, the packaging measures 85mm x 60mm x ~7mm (3.35″ x 2.36″ x 0.2″)
- laser cut and engraved from4.2mm thick Tasmanian Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii ) wood veneer
- the wood has been sealed with waterbased varnish for protection and a natural, matte finish
- the packaging is printed on FSC certified, 250gsm card
Please ensure that Madam Zag is removed from any clothing before washing. Unusually for a platypus, she doesn’t like to get wet!
Please also note that every sheet of veneer is unique and as such, your purchase may differ from the example pictured in terms of the natural grain of the wood.