The reverse side of the easel/gift box for my Cuba Dove brooch
The easel-style stand folds down into a sweet little gift box
Cuba geometric dove brooch in Tasmanian myrtle
Cuba geometric bird brooch
Allow me to introduce Cuba. Named for his Cubist-inspired geometric patterning, this cheeky chap has something of a mid-century modern glint in his eye. Cuba Dove is delicately engraved and laser cut from Tasmanian Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii) veneer, which has a lovely grain and a warm, reddish-brown hue. The custom-made packaging features a matching pattern in powdery blue and folds out into an easel-style card or stand, perfect for keeping this little treasure on display.
more about Cuba…
Happy Facts and Vital Stats
- happily tailored in Hobart, Tasmania
- hook-style brooch pin
- Cuba Dove measures 58mm x 41mm (2.28″ x 1.61″)
- when folded, the packaging measures 90mm x 60mm x ~7mm (3.54″ x 2.36″ x 0.2″)
- the wood has been sealed with waterbased varnish for protection and a natural, matte finish
- the packaging is printed on FSC certified, 250gsm card
Cuba has a sweet non-identical twin sister, Flora, engraved with a feminine, floral pattern.
Please ensure that Cuba Dove is removed from any clothing before washing. He loses his cheeky demeanour if he gets wet!
Also, please be aware that every sheet of veneer is unique and as such, your purchase may differ from the example pictured owing to the natural grain of the wood.